lunes, 9 de enero de 2012

A MONTH IN THE USA

This has been one of my best summers I ever had. 
During this two months of holidays I've done a lot of things, such as ballet classes in Barcelona during July, going with friends from Madrid, going out with my friends...but the thing I've enjoyed the most and I'll will never forget  is the hole month I spent with an american family. 



Well, this was from the 2nd of august to the 29th . We were a group of fifteen girls and boys from Spain ( five from Barcelona,  and 9 from the rest of Spain and also with my brother Ricard) that we were going to live for a month in Pensilvannya with an american family. Before going there the agency sent an e-mail to me saying that I was going to live with a family that had two children, one girl aged 12 and the other one aged 10 and that they also had a dog and a cat. After more than 9 hours traveling we arrived to the place were all the families picked us and my family was the last one to come and to pick me up. Finally arrived the mother, with her daughter aged 12 (Kaitlynn)  and a little dog, very cute. Kaitlynn was gothic and very odd and was dressing also in a very strange way, but I thought that maybe she was nice, but while we were in the car going to their house, she explained to me that she was strange and different from all the other people and that she didn't had friends at all and that nobody invited her to parties and I was quite surprised and I didn't really now what to say to cheer her up.As soon as we arrived at home suddenly a very ugly and big dog jumped over me, and the little girl Ashelyn too jumped on me so I was really shocked. Then the father of the family came to help me and said that Ashelyn was deaf-mute and she also had another disease (but they didn't told me anything about the unfriendly dog and about the little girl's disease...). And so, all the family was kind of wired and I went early to bed because I was very tired due to all the long journey. When I entered to my room, there was no light, only one little window without a curtain or anything, so I couldn't sleep because of the light it came trought but I couldn't either wake up at night because there was no light. It was very strange.While I was sleeping, at midnight I heard the door opening very slowly and I could see that it was  the little girl coming into my room screaming like she was crazy and I was really scared and I didn't know what to do, because she was deaf so I could not speak to her. Fortunatelly her mom came and take her out of my room.The next morning when I woke up, there was nobody at home and everything there was very dirty and untidy and I  have nothing to do, so I called to the spanish coordinator that came with us and also to my parents and I explained to them that this family was very strange and that I didn't want to spend all the month with them because I didn't feel good there. At about lunch time, the american coordinator was knocking at the door and she put me up with her best friends. This new family was really lovely and nice and they did a lot of things for me during all the month. I was living with the father called George, the mother called Heidi, the daughter aged 14 called Brooke ( she was like my sister), the son called AJ (Andrew Joseph) and finally the aunt called T. We went to visit Philadelphia, Washington, New York and some other places such as amusement parks (where I saw Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez), outlets, to the beach (I spent a week with their family and we did jet sky and water sky) and to baseball games. We also went to sexteen years parties and to pool parties at night to a very rich and beautiful houses...it was very funny and exciting. We went to all this parties with the girl that my best friend from Spain was staying with ( Melisa who was 16 so she could already drive).The month passed too fast and the last day I couldn't believe that I had to come back. I didn't want to leave because I had a very good time with my family and also with all the friend from Spain, but on the other hand I also wanted to come back, to see my family here in Catalonia and my friends. Before leaving we were all crying and it was very sad, but we are now getting in touch by facebook, skype and hotmail with all the people I met there and hopefully next summer I will go there again with de same family who are wonderful.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario